1. Post the make and FULL model of the computer if branded please.
2. Go start, run and type
on the window that opens click the edit tab, click select all, click edit again, click copy
and paste you your reply
3. download this WHO CRASHED, run the program click the analyse tab, scroll down for the results and copy and paste the result, as a copy and paste pleazee, not as a file that I have to open.
4. go start, control panel, admin tools, event viewer, open that
on the left pane, click application
on the main window, click the heading source, that will sort them alphabetically
look for the entries winlogon
Open the most recent winlogon by double clicking on it
Do this until you find the chkdsk results from that check I asked you to run
When you find them, click the double page symbol, next to the broad up and down arrows, in the main window
Then paste with a right click to your reply.
5. Open the case of the computer, and taking the usual anti-static precautions, examine
a. the cleanliness of the fans and particularly the cpu fan and its cooling fins - presuming it is a desktop
A soft brush and a cotton bud are ideal
If you use an air duster spray, be cautious regarding spraying onto the fan blades, s they can spin at such speed that it destroys the bearing bush
b. Look at your ram sticks and if you have two, take one out, if you only have two slots, remove one, leaving in the one nearest to the processor and test again
If it still crashes swop the ram sticks over and see if it still crashes.
If it does NOT crash at the test with one of the two sticks, take that one out and replace with the other.
Ifit then crashes, you may presume it is a faulty stick of ram
HOWEVER to confirm a further test will be necessary.
Here is how to remove ram, take anti static precautions, do not place the removed stick on carpet, it is an ideal static generator.
If you have more than two sticks of ram post back and I will further guide you.
6. If you the ram test produces results, there is no need to proceed as below
If it does not produce results or cannot be completed
see if you can run this and send me the URL, that is the web address on the page that opens with the results
SPECCY gthe free edition
and here is how to get to that URL I need