Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD/Boot Loop

• Please log in to reply

BrianL728

BrianL728

• Pip
  • 2 posts
About a week ago, I found a program in my computer called Partition Magic 8.0 and decided to see what I could do with it. I idiotically chose to create a new partition for reasons unknown to me, and I destroyed my computer doing so. I let the program run its course and rebooted, but when it rebooted, it got stuck in an endless boot loop. It wasn't until today that I decided to search all over looking for solutions, but couldn't find any situation similar to mine. After hours of searching and messing with BIOS settings, I booted with Automatic Restart on System Failure disabled, and got a nice little BSoD. I do not recognize this error nor can I find anything on it, but here it is: STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x86b7a828, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000) There is no information regarding the root of the error or any file associated with it, but I know it is due to my ignorant actions. I am currently waiting on a friend to give me a home-made XP Recovery Disc, but I am not sure this will correct the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by BrianL728, 07 May 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Preferably from a clean computer, I need you to download: gparted-live-0.10.0-3.iso

Create a bootable CD for Gparted from the ISO image. You can use ImgBurn do this.

Now boot off of the newly created Gparted CD.

Posted Image
You should be here...
Press ENTER

Posted Image
By default, "do not touch keymap" is highlighted. Leave this setting alone and just press ENTER.

Posted Image
Choose your language and press ENTER. English is default [33]

Posted Image
Once again, at this prompt, press ENTER

You will now be taken to the main GUI screen below
Posted Image

Is "boot" next to your OS drive?

If "boot" is not next to your OS drive under "Flags", right-mouse click the OS drive while in Gparted and select Manage Flags

In the menu that pops up, place a checkmark in boot like the picture below:
Posted Image

Now double-click the Posted Image button.

You should receive a small pop up like this:
Posted Image
Choose reboot and then press OK.

Tell me if this fixes the issue.

BrianL728

BrianL728

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes it did fix it!!! Thank you so much! (: