Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help creating a simple website

• Please log in to reply

sapata

sapata

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello all...

I don't really have much of web deveopment knowledge but I guess I can handle a "step by step" guide to create my own website for my photography work. What I wanted it seems to be simple in the eyes of the viewer but to me it's been a pain to do.

I've already designed the page in Photoshop and in Fireworks (whichever will be easier to export to Dreamweaver) and it will be plain white background with a very simple fixed menu on the left, no buttons. This fixed menu will contains links to different galleries which I've already done in "simple viewer" and few small logos directing people to my different social network accounts plus email-me.

I can pretty much manage linking the menu to the galleries in dreamweaver, but the galleries will open in a different page and I wanted them in the same page. If anyone could help me with this I'd be really greatful...

Many thanks!

( just added how it should look...)geek.jpg

Edited by sapata, 08 May 2012 - 09:46 AM.

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
You could use Lightbox or Shadowbox, but a very good bit of software that allows a lot of customizing and writes code for you is JAlbum. With the right Skin, you could get your site looking/acting the way you want it.

sapata

sapata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks for your tip...

I guess I have to learn a bit more in order to achieve what I have in my mind. I've just updated the site in the way I know in a more simple way.

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Edited by sapata, 15 May 2012 - 05:58 PM.

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
You're very welcome.