Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

custom level security settings recommended

• Please log in to reply

Kraker

Kraker

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I'm still trying to figure out why I can't open a link sent to my email. If I receive a page from a website it will open, but not a link.

Can someone tell me, or refer me a page that tells me which of my custom level security settings should be enabled. I feel this may be where my problem is. I've tried everything I have read & nothing has solved my problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
As a test, disable your Anti-virus program and if that doesn't help, the Windows Firewall.

Post back with results. Also post which OS, Vista or Win 7, the AV program you use and if you use a Firewall other than the one in Vista/Win 7, which one.

Note: Re-enable both before doing anything else as you don't want to run unprotected for long.