Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download files that I cant find?

• Please log in to reply

dontaco

dontaco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Rock,I went to Tweak and downloaded the repair,but it didnt fix my problem.When Im prompted to Run or Save it doesnt matter which one I choose because it cant Run or Open when finished.As I mentioned earlier, when the window with the Run or Save is open,right behind it is the exact same window only its just a shadow.When the file is being downloaded in the bottom tray the rectangle is orangish with the words'file download".I can save it to My Doc,then go there click it and the window comes up do I want to Run or Save..Just an endless cycle.Thanks for your time

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Whicch browser are you using please IE or Firefox

dontaco

dontaco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Im using IE

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Lets try this see if setting ie back to default will help.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Or try downloading Firefox in safemode with networking then boot back into normal mode and see if you are able to download and find your files.
http://www.mozilla.o...US/firefox/new/

dontaco

dontaco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hey RockMilk thanks again for your patience and wisdom.I downloaded FF ans everything seems to b hunky dory.I made it my default and now what about IE.Just lv it,delete it I dont know?Again I can find my files,Amazing,Really! :thumbsup:

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
I am glad to here that your issue is fixed.You however will not be able to delete Internet Explorer it is a core component of the windows operating system. You can however do as I have done just delete the Internet Explorer icon from your desktop.No need for it I have been doing just fine for without the use of Internet Explorer for over three years. :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I am glad to here that your issue is fixed.You however will not be able to delete Internet Explorer it is a core component of the windows operating system. You can however do as I have done just delete the Internet Explorer icon from your desktop.No need for it I have been doing just fine for without the use of Internet Explorer for over three years. :)

and I have been using FF for 10 years and only use IE for updating windows...