Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Security Found A Lot Of Malware & Adware

• Please log in to reply

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
No it Combofix will do it automatically and you will just have to allow it to do it.

Advertisements

TMC577

TMC577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thanks CompCav

I've just begun the download of the ComboFix due to the glacial pace of the computer it will take a while it says it will download in three hours. So annoying. :rolleyes: So I will see you later tonight... my time.

Thanks So Very Much! :thumbsup:

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
No problem :thumbsup:

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
I see you are working your second computer here. If it downloads faster you could use it to download the tools and transfer them using a USB flash drive to this one. :thumbsup:

TMC577

TMC577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hey CompCav :wave:

We had a bit of an unfortunate incident that inhibited the complete download. We will be re-settled in the morning tomorrow (Friday) Just giving you an update as to why you haven't heard from me quickly. Again I really appreciate your help more than you will know. I can't thank you enough or properly express how grateful I am.

Yeah! I am working on two computers. But that's messed up I'm afraid to do anything on that one. I won't get access to the two infected computers until we're re-settled in the morning.

I want to Thank You for your patience. But tomorrow I'll be able to do the next step on both computers. And then we'll get this show on the road again.

Talk to you soon!

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Take care and I will be here!

TMC577

TMC577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello CompCav :wave:

Just giving you an update. Our building had an an accident & had some damage. We were suppose to get back into our units earlier today but they told us it would be tomorrow (Saturday). I don't have access to the computers. Luckily they weren't damaged. But I will attend to the next steps as soon as we get back. Sorry for the delays. You don't know how much I appreciate your helping us with this computer.

Thanks! :thumbsup: :rockon: :notworthy:

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
I am sorry to here about your issue but glad you are OK. No worry we will work on it when you can. :thumbsup:

TMC577

TMC577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Just giving an update. The damage to our building was graver than originally thought. :'( Such a mess. But at least we're safe and we could have it a lot worse like our neighbors. I will have to get to the computers tomorrow. I will be off and will be able to attend to them. We've just been cleaning up and getting things back to normal.

I'll post tomorrow everything you requested in the last update. Thanks CompCav!

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Be careful and stay safe we will be here when you can get to it ;)

Advertisements

TMC577

TMC577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Sorry for the delay again. It looks like our whole floor was badly damaged. We've been attending to our unit & our belongings & finding temporary housing for us. So we will have to move out temporarily. We will be returning Monday, 28th. So please keep this active and don't close it. I will take the laptop with me but I am unsure how reliable my internet will be where we are going. If you don't hear from me before Monday, May 28th then my internet & computer situation wasn't reliable and secure and safe.

I'm so sorry for the delays CompCav. I really appreciate your help more than you will ever know. I know you do this for free and work hard for people you don't know. And I can't thank you enough for your patience. Please keep this active and please don't close this GeeksToGo admins. I can't thank you all enough.

Thanks CompCav! VERY VERY VERY MUCH! :thumbsup:

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Take care and do not worry about us, we will be here. I hope all will go well in the move and that you and yours stay safe and unharmed.

Regards,

CompCav

TMC577

TMC577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

We'll be spending the day moving back in and finishing cleaning up. But the good news is all the crap (that should have been fixed) on our floor has been fixed (supposedly) and the accident is not likely to happen again. Tonight or tomorrow (likely tomorrow) I'll attend to this computer. Thanks SO VERY MUCH! These past two weeks have been such a headache. But you and the GeeksToGo community have been our bright spots. Thanks also to the GeeksToGo admins and moderators for keeping this open. Thank You everyone for your patience. CompCav I look forward to finishing this with you. :thumbsup:

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
I will be here take care and do not over do! :thumbsup:

TMC577

TMC577

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hey CompCav :wave:

Sorry for the constant delays. Everything with the building and clean up took a lot longer than I thought. We just finished everything tonight. It's 2:17am Saturday right now and I'm exhausted. But I won't be going out Saturday night so I can take care of this computer and the other computer that Gammo is helping me out with.

Thanks GeeksToGo community for not closing this. I again apologize for the delays. But our building had an unfortunate accident that caused damage to our whole floor. And the repairs took longer than they (the building) told us. And then we had to clean up everything after and then re-move in everything. It was a headache and we lost a few things in the process. :'( But at least we're safe. You would think a building such as ours wouldn't have had the accident but, oh well, I don't want to get into how I really feel after what happened. But at least we're safe and we're not our neighbor who lost so much more than we did. :'( So considering everything and everyone on our floor we're fortunate.

Saturday Night (Pacific) at around 9pm I'll attend to both computers.

Thanks CompCav & GeeksToGo for your patience, help and everything. Especially during this difficult time in terms of computers and in real life. We can't thank you enough! :thumbsup: