Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GTA San Andreas on Win 7 x64?

• Please log in to reply

mezigues

mezigues

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi all

i've been trying (and failing) to save my progress in this game
when i try to save, it tells me there was a problem and that i should check my save folder

from the web, i've found and tried all those:
- my save folder is (as it should be) C:\Users\MyUsername\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files
- compatibility of the game's .exe is set to XP SP2
- i've added "everyone" to full control permission for the folder "C:\Users\MyUsername\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files" (and also the game's folder)
- i've added an exception for gata_sa.exe in the "data execution prevention" system

the game runs fine, but it still won't allow me to save my progress...

anyone has an idea?

thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
First report here. Have you tried running the game as "administrator"? Right click the shortcut to the game, select properties, and then "run as administrator".

mezigues

mezigues

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thanks for your reply
no luck: i just did the test, it didn't work

the game seems to be ignoring completely the save folder: it won't load old saves either if i put them in there

i really have no idea what's causing that, except that it must be something around all we've tried, some permission somewhere :(