Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

remade topic xp problems

• Please log in to reply

gixbusa

gixbusa

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am glad I found this site. I am really hoping someone can help. I installed Avira cause avast would not load on for some reason....but anyways avira anti virus as soon as it loaded bam....com goes into blue screen....I dont freak cause I have had comps before do his...so i restart in safe mode....well safe mode with networking works for a lil and i wanting to delete he program and do a system restore since i could not load normally...helped in past...would not let me...so i unloaded program did a restart....it reloaded and kept reloading....so i basically did your whole fix before i found this site but at a lose of words..it loaded windows....everything is gone..like brand new..I was pretty upset cause all my work and nephews baby pics where on there along with some medical research. I looked in Computer at the C drive and its a 500 gig drive but theirs only 77 gigs free....I go to programs and its packed with all my old programs but no pictures...no movies or music was saved...all my documents gone...I have no idea what to do. I need to get internet going but it would take the usb drive...wont read it..
Screen one
screen 2
Screen 3

Advertisements

gixbusa

gixbusa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
did a search for the folder and I got Search is complete. The are no results to display. I mean it has to be there with a 500 gig drive and 77 gigs free right?

gixbusa

gixbusa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
this is what i got
one
two

find it very weird that it shows i have 77 gigs free yet those pics i sent basically say something else

gixbusa

gixbusa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
?

gixbusa

gixbusa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
anyone please help? i am stomped

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
What has happened here is difficult to work out.
I am examining your posts, here and on the other topic - How to repair Windows XP and will post shortly .

As an aside issue, because you have replied to your own post, on this topic, a number of times, it did not show, as a topic with 0 replies requiring attention and that is how it has been missed.

Please go start, control Panel, admin tools, computer management, disk management, when that window is on the desktop, press the Prt Scrn key once. Then go start, programs, accessories, paint.
Click the edit tab and click paste.
Then click the file tab and click save as
Save as JPEG type. The default Bitmap is too large
As you have no internet connection save it to a flash pen drive and then on another computer on your reply, Click use full editior and attach please as the actual jpeg image.
You may need to attach two images so that I can see both the top and the lower half of the disk management window.