Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexmark Z53 printer

• Please log in to reply

pdl2

pdl2

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Just found a Lexmark Z53 printer that someone had given me. I see its from 2001. Should I hook up this printer or is it to outdated? Would I be better off in the long run buying a new printer? If i keep it, I dont have the installation CD, so where could I find all the info I need?

*** update ***

i belive i have the drivers, but nothing prints when i try. the paper goes through. I cant find Lexmark software to dl to check the printer. dont want to waste $ on ink if its not going to work...

Thanks,
pdl2

Edited by pdl2, 12 May 2012 - 09:03 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

i belive i have the drivers, but nothing prints when i try. the paper goes through. I cant find Lexmark software to dl to check the printer. dont want to waste $ on ink if its not going to work...

Where did the drivers come from?
Are you sure there is useable ink in the printer?
What OS is the printer being used with?

pdl2

pdl2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
rshaffer61,

I got the drivers from Lexmark site
Not sure if the ink is usable or not, probably at least 5 years old
Windows XP Home

I have looked for a Lexmark control program to check the ink and clean the nozzles, but I havent been able to find it. Overall, do you think it's a waste of time to fool with this printer?

Thanks,
pdl2

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you have the original program that came with the lexmark it has a maintenance part to it that lets you know the ink level in the containers.