Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting Router To 56K Connection?

• Please log in to reply

DarrinHarrison

DarrinHarrison

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just bought a new acer Laptop that is equipeed with wireless-A/G Networking. BUt i only have 56k Dial up internet available. Am i able to connect a wirless router up to 56K Connection.

Reply or email me at edited for user's privacy

Edited by -=jonnyrotten=-, 04 June 2005 - 08:31 PM.

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Get yourself an "external" modem, connect it to a wired broadband router. Now get a Wireless Access Point and connect that to the router also. Now you can communicate with the WAP. ;)

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
That would work. Or if you already have a PC that you have been using on the dial up connection, you could put a wireless PCI card in it, then use it to connect P2P with the Laptop sharing the dial up connection. This would only add the cost of a wireless PCI adapter.

Greazy Mcgeezy