Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

white screen

• Please log in to reply

shonawhite

shonawhite

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi guys i was given a laptop to work on it had a broken screen now i replaced the screen and it was working but the screen flickerd the ribbon cable was faulty so i replaced that but since that was done the laptop will do nothing it powers on to a white screen even if the hard drive is removed all i get is still a white screen im at a loss as to what to try now

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts
:welcome: shonawhite
Couple of questions for you;

i replaced the screen and it was working but the screen flickerd the ribbon cable was faulty

How did you determine the ribbon was bad?
Where did you obtain the replacement screen?

Have you tried hooking the notebook up to an external screen by way of the VGA port?
What is the brand and model of the notebook?