Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Applications error - nothing works

• Please log in to reply

estiew2002

estiew2002

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi and thank you for your help.

I followed your instructions for Cobofix unistall, but got an error message that Windows couldn't find Combofix. I run the OTC and after reboot Combofix is no longer on my Desktop where it was.

Firefox now starts and works. However I still have an Antivirus problem. Cuirently no anivirus in on and I'm afraid I'll get infected again.

I unistalled Avast and I don't see it in the programs installed, but I get this message on start up: Avast failed to load language Dll[ 1033/uilang.res dll] - how do i get rid of it?

I reinstalled Live Update for symantec but it doesn't work. I get Message" Liveupdate start failed with error code 536805375.

i previously tried to repair symantec from the programs installed menu it starts reparing but half way through gives message " the wizard was interrupted before Symantec End point could be copmletely installed. Your system was not modified. To complete instalation another time please run set up again". Now on start up Windows installer tries to install or repar Symantec but fails and I get the blue box with following message : "Microsoft C Virtual Library: Runtime Error. R6025 pure virtual call". After that this message: "Symantec CMC SmcGui. Error"

Is it possible to unistall symantec and isntall other free AV?

Advertisements

Gammo

Gammo

Member 2k

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
avast! Uninstall Utility
  • Download aswClear.exe on to your desktop
  • Start Windows in Safe Mode
  • Open (execute) the uninstall utility = aswClear.exe
  • If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!
  • Click REMOVE
  • Restart your computer

This should remove Symantec completely:
Download this file and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the file.
Open the CleanWipe folder and double-click the CleanWipe.exe file.
Click at the Install button.
When you are asked if you want to run CleanWipe now, click Yes.
As you run CleanWipe, you are prompted several times. It is recommended that you click Yes in response to all prompts.

After doing the above, both Avast and Symantec should be gone completely. You can install another AV then. Personally I recommend Avast Free. :thumbsup:

estiew2002

estiew2002

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Avas and Symanted are uninstalled now. I installed Avast free, but it was blocking my internet excess, so I unsintalled it again and installed AVG Free. all works well now. Thank you so much for your patience and your help. :P

Gammo

Gammo

Member 2k

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
You're very welcome. Glad I could help. :thumbsup: