Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No audio

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It won't hurt anything if you do.

Advertisements

dseays

dseays

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I got my sound back! for some reason my realtek driver wasnt correctly uninstalled (regardless of me deleting all leftover realtek files) so everytime i tried to install a realtek sound driver it wouldnt correctly install. I ultimately had to back up a few important data file do a clean install of the OS, then redownload the realtek driver. I really appreciate all your help, i had been trying to get sound on this computer for weeks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm sorry you had to format and reinstall everything but on a good note Congratulations. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible