Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU USAGE?

• Please log in to reply

Eszajer

Eszajer

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello everyone, I just recently made the jump from PS3 to PC and have a couple questions that im hoping someone can help me with since im not very computer savy (but im trying to learn). Let me post my build for clarification:

I5 2500k 3.3ghz-Coolermaster 212
ASrock Z68 Extreme4 gen3 mobo
EVGA GTX 670 SC
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM
1TB HDD
Corsair Tx750 PSU

I just finished building my PC with a friend about 3 days ago, everything runs great, but i have come to notice that my CPU usage during Battlefield 3 (ultra settings)is always around 90-95% while playing, then when I quit the game it stays around 25% even after I close out of Origin. Typically my CPU usage would stay around 1-5% when idle, but now it stays around 25 the entire time. Im hesitant about using task manager because I dont want to close out of something important and make things worse for me, but there are a decent amount of programs running in the background, is there any way I can safely get my CPU usage back down? Or is this just how it is supposed to be?

ALSO, While playing games like TF2, BF3, Crysis Warhead, I get the edges of the screen cut off for some reason. I am playing on 1080p resolution with a native 1080p display (52' Sony Bravia XBR9 240hz TV using HDMI)and I cant find a way to adjust the screen for the life of me. I have gone into the NVidia control panel and adjusting settings but nothing works. When im on my desktop everything is fit to screen and perfect, but when im playing a game on fullscreen 1080p the edges are cut off. I have also downloaded the latest drivers, and even re-installed the video card from scratch just to make sure.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this, any advice or suggestions are much appreciated, I just want to make sure I get the best possible performance.

Advertisements