Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hacked?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SweetHeart161

SweetHeart161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Dunno whats up with the comment feature but I have been trying to add this..

Well it happened again lastnight my laptops connection was hijacked through workgroup/domain and this morning my modem and router have no connection again.. I did a combofix scan that had a bunch of fake antivirus dlls Appdata/temp? that was preventing my internet security from starting.. the update function never finishes..neither does windows update as well and something prevents me from downloading any alternative security features
The name of my connection that popped up asking me whether to trust it or not was named WORKGROUP...??????

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
What makes you so sure your connection was hijacked?

Regards,
Olrik

SweetHeart161

SweetHeart161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
constant lag while gaming..unable to change workgroup name antivirus won't update, game lounges are to a minimum, processes starting on their own, So I would say my connection is being rerouted somehow and to an alternate server?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
FYI there is nothing wrong with the comment feature but you are posting the same comments 2 and 3 times. I am deleting the duplicates as to not add confusion to the topic.

SweetHeart161

SweetHeart161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I think the hackers use my gaming to allow a way into my pc..

SweetHeart161

SweetHeart161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Also files are unhidden in folder options...

SweetHeart161

SweetHeart161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Don't everyone jump on my problem all at once.. :rolleyes: :lol:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Artellos will return but understand he is not in the USA and his time zone is much different then yours I'm sure. We are all volunteers here and sometimes family and real life is a priority. Be patient and he will respond to you. By you posting response after response makes it look to others who might be able to help that you are receiving plenty of help.

SweetHeart161

SweetHeart161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I am getting a bsod caused by tcpip.sys when trying start a game.. crash address is tcpip.sys+12e4e9 bug check code 0x1000007e System thread exception not handled
perameter 1 fffffff'c0000005
perameter2 fffff880'01b364e9
perameter 3 fffff880'0653e6c8
perameter4 fffff880'0653df20
major version 15

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

• Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW and save it to your Desktop:
  • Double-click VEW.exe
  • Under 'Select log to query', select (as appropriate):
    • Application
    • System
  • Under 'Select type to list', select (as appropriate):
    • Error
    • Information
    • Warning
Then use the 'Date of events' or 'Number of events' as follows:

Either:
  • Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
    Type 3 in the 1 to 20 box (or any number from 1 to 20)
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.

• Click the radio button for 'Date of events'
    In the From: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 19 05 2012
    In the To: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 19 05 2012
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.
Please post the Output log in your next reply

Tutorial for running chkdsk in Vista\Win 7 located HERE.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
It is a little difficult to decide, with certainty, if the topic here, on which my good colleague rshaffer61 and artellos are working with you, concerns the same computer as the topic
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

on which Ztruker and Amlak are currently asissting.

If so, it may not be the best idea, to have two topics running requiring you to respond to both and indeed possibly leading to conflict between suggested resolutions.

ALSO with reference to your post 23

Don't everyone jump on my problem all at once.. :rolleyes: :lol:

and the reply by my colleague rshaffer61, pointing out time differences. This reason for a delay in responding has already been pointed out to you by Artellos

But it does take more than 3 hours for someone to respond to your topic as there are multiple time zones in this world and on top of that, we also have our own social lives.

in his post 12, as a result of you raising the delay in response issue on your post 11

So does anyone wanna help

That all said my MAIN reason for posting was to ask if you are running two topics on the same computer, the other topic being on issues arising from the clean install of windows.

SweetHeart161

SweetHeart161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
My network issue concerns with someone hacking me through my dns and workgroup..

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
What I was actually asking was NOT what the network issue was concerned with, but

It is a little difficult to decide, with certainty, if the topic here, on which my good colleague rshaffer61 and artellos are working with you, concerns the same computer as the topic
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

In otherwords, in simple terms, is the computer being worked on HERE where you are reading this message the same computer as is being looked at on the other topic.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is it two different systems or the same system in both topics?

SweetHeart161

SweetHeart161

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
One is for network another is for possibly a windows issue and my malware issue is no longer open..for one system but my linux box I was using it to run wireshark to troubleshoot my network issue..