Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wipe foreign laptop replace in english

• Please log in to reply

Asha58

Asha58

• Pip
  • 0 posts
My partner has a Lenovo laptop bought in Poland and as such the operating system is all in Polish and I cant understand any issues or even working my way round windows xp. I have windows 7 software and want to wipe her machine so i can install the english version. I was informed there was no other way of changing the language other than to wipe and reinstall.
Can you please advise if there is an obvious easy way to do this?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
No other solution, the only way to change the language of the operating system is to reinstall it in that language.

Edited by Alzeimer, 18 May 2012 - 01:24 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Being a laptop wouldn't the recovery partition have the install on it? If so wouldn't it ask what language to install?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Being a laptop wouldn't the recovery partition have the install on it? If so wouldn't it ask what language to install?

nope...it would be the polish version...they will have to buy a retail English version of the OS and reinstall from scratch using the full format option...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good info Happyrock as I thought it would give the option. I guess if it was originally sold in Poland then the default installed OS would be Polish also and along with the OS language creation. :thumbsup: