Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE9 - I need to find a solution please HELP!

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hello there guys, the purpose i am writing this post is because i have 2 little problems going on as we speak... i'll get to the point in a minute but first i would like to show you some pics of what's going on:

Posted Image

The problem with the image above is that, every time i try to search for a word or something using the IE9 search bar let's say i type in geeks to go then it converts to http://geeks%20to%20go/ and it won't be able to find what i am looking for, so there you have it i hope you guys can come up with a solution to this matter.

Posted Image

That problem with this other image is that whenever i open link in a new tab it won't load it will stay like that forever i've tried almost everything to fix this and yet still not working.... please, give me a real solution that'll work thank you so much guys and have a wonderful weekend.

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
does anyone out there want to help me at all?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Seeing it has been less then 24 hours since your original post I believe you are jumping the gun a little asking if anyone wants to help you. Please understand we are all volunteers and real life, families and work take priority first.
As far as your issue what exactly are you typing in when you:

let's say i type in geeks to go then it converts to http://geeks%20to%20go/

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Yeah, right in the search bar of my IE9 if i wanna find out how to program per say... you go to that search bar type in how to program instead of typing in www . google . com to use its search engine, thanks for your help =)

Edited by brady1988, 19 May 2012 - 08:41 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK but you still did not say how exactly you are typing the site Geeks To Go into your search bar.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
yes i did say it, i said type in the search bar ..." geeks to go" google should automatically redirect your to the google search engine

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
try geekstogo all one word.
I did it this way and went straight to the main page.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
you don't get it buddy, let me explain it to you when you type into your search bar up there in your browser where goes the www.
Okay ... there, you type geekstogo and it will automatically transform it into http://geekstogo/ and it will show you a blank page as well as the
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

message.... could anyone else help me with the other issue as well? will be much appreciated thank you!

Edited by brady1988, 25 May 2012 - 10:37 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK go to Tools and then click on Internet Options.
Click on the tab that says Advanced and then click the button that says Reset.
This will set IE back to default settings. Let me know if it works.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Yes i did try that as well, but still not working =)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download, install FireFox and see if the issue happens with it. If not then the problem is IE.
If it does happen with FF then it is some other setting we have to look at.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Yes sir, as a matter of fact i do have FF and chrome and they both work fine the problem is with IE 9 so yeah we are gonna have to look into other settings... i have tried almost every single solution on the internet and none of them worked for me so yeah... don't know how to fix this issue. thank you

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK what I would suggest is to go to Add\Remove and make sure to click the little box at the top that says show updates
Scroll down till you find the last IE update which should be 9 and uninstall it. See if IE works then. If so then it may be a faulty update.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I did that like four times, didn't work sir...what else could we try?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Delete the cookies and then flush your dns.

Flushing DNS on newer versions of Windows is almost as easy as the earlier versions but due to Microsofts security additions you must run the command prompt with administrator privileges.

Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)
Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose "Run as Administrator" when it shows at the top of the search box.
Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

and click Enter