Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Any Boots upto the F8 page and reboots

• Please log in to reply

helion

helion

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi all,

this is what happened:

(using Win XP pro.. 192 mb SD ram , 1 ghz P3)

1)i sent my monitor for repair and dusted the computer while it had to return.. i got it and assembled it all again.. and win XP booted fine.. once.. the next time on.. i t reported an error like 0x00000000 etc each time a new message but mostly "some thing with "kernel"or "krnl"in it or "page file in non page file area"

2)and the following ones were just re boots after a while before the log in screen..

3)I wanted to use windows xp upgrade to see if i could relieve the issue..the upgrade process would hang in the middle and i had to re start .. or.. it would by itself re start from a stage in the upgrade.. same with installs.. and any other windows and the 98 boot floppy..

4)linux works fine...from the hdd.. but it wont install in my place..(it has some kernel panic or something.. one of the linuxes i could install in my place..and run)(i tried re installing windows xp on my hd in other computers.. it went well..and is normal booting.. and is a problem in my computer...)
5)any windows (i got win xp pro and 2000 pro so)goes upto the boot options page and reboots any further.

ps1)i was directed to a program called memtest at www.memtest86.com.. and it returned the same results with the ram sticks swapped together or single.

ps2)I tried without success the c:/copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe

please help..

thankyou

helion

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
you dusted the computer ?
did you open the computer and do this? have you checked all the cables
to make sure you did not knock any loose?

helion

helion

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yes.. i re-assembled the whole computer
mm.. all things are intact..
i tried with different hard disks. and i have the problem in my computer.

helion

helion

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yeah at first i connected a few diode cables and i guess the floppy connector wrongly(the red of the power connector and the mobo connector were not"together")

later connected everything properly...

and had the probs