Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Slow start up, slow internet, and mouse driver issues

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have xp pro and recently I have been having issues of during restarts it took an hour to do a restart. System shutdown is where it is hanging up, after startup begins (Using a modded theme) I have to manually accept vttimer.exe and s3trayp.exe upon start up that I have just sourced and removed.
Then I have approximate 5 min load time before i can use any programs or internet.
After a couple of movie down loads with grab pro I get slow internet, recently just surfing foroums like this one will cause 2 min load times for pages.
I use advanced system care free ver 5.2.0 (or current) in free mode and do a quick system clean or deep depending on results, I also delete browsing history manually often and upon close of ie automatic.
This also happens after watching several movies/ tv shows without surfing.
I lost my mouse driver last month, which started my curiosity of how to fix problems rather then a debug scirpt and fresh install.
XP pro
avast antivirus
advanced system care
* items on start up list
eraser ) http://eraser.heidi....ex.php#download
windows defender
windows search
orbit downloader
via hd audio
adobe reader
win calender time ) created by marco@barisione.org
Thank you reading and I hope I have included relevent material in a functional manner.

• 34,114 posts
All the info you provided though good does not tell us anything about your system.

Before we can help you need to provide the following so I can start you in the right direction.
Laptop or Desktop?
  • If a name brand system then what brand, make and model is the system?
  • If custom built then what brand, make and model is the motherboard
  • Total memory installed
  • Total hard drive capacity and free space
  • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue Not needed as you have already stated this