Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

webcam disc

• Please log in to reply

ivydale

ivydale

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a ASIS monitor with a built in webcam, up to 6 months ago it worked fine on skype, have not used it since then. now skyping again the webcam did not work, I went to device manager, no webcam listed. reloaded the ASIS webcam disc, It loads, but when it gets to install nothing happened the little w
heel turns for a couple of seconds and stops, and still no webcam. What gives, any solutions? Computer is an HP pavillion P 6120a desctop pc system vista homepremium

Advertisements

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Good morning, ivydale :thumbsup:

In Device Manager, click View, and then show hidden devices. Click the plus sign (+) next to devices that are not Plug and Play and see is the driver for your webcam from the list.

If you find, see if it's with an exclamation mark. Report. If not found, click Action, and then check for hardware changes. And see if it appears.

And webcam, is ASUS, right? If so, you will provide a link to update the driver for it.

I'm waiting. hugs :popcorn:

Edited by Djoni Filho, 26 May 2012 - 09:02 AM.

ivydale

ivydale

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi Thanks for trying to help me, I followed your advice, and clicked on all the plusses i could find, but none mentioned webcam, It could be hidden behind a name like universal USB drive or whatever, that I don't recognise,I right clicked on monitor and search for updates, and after searching it replyd that the latest drivers were installed, could you expand on your advice and perhaps be more detailed on the USB names etcetra thanks in advance Albert

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I wanted first to make sure that the driver was not installed because it could be installed, and any defects. If you followed my advice and found nothing in error, or with some reference to your webcam, it is likely that the driver may have been removed.

Tell me the correct model of your monitor, so I find the correct drivers for you.