Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows upgrade split my drive in two?!

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Just curious, Aukake. Are you running the installation as an upgrade or are you doing a clean installation by booting from the installation DVD?

You should get the correct screens for deleting partitions by following This Guide.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Looks more like a upgrade screen to me. :ph34r:

Aukake

Aukake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Yes I'm doing a upgrade. Didn't see a option to delete partitions when i do the upgrade again i see.
First Screen: Asking to get updates before installation. I hit yes
Second Screen: Accept the terms and agreement.
Third Screen: What type of installation do i want to do. Upgrade(when a lower version of windows is there and backups my stuff or Custom(where it installs a new system and does backup.) i did the custom. Cause had way to much on old system and didn't want anything.
Fourth Screen: It shows My partition. No option to delete one before it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It won't be in the upgrade disk. You need to borrow a full version installation disk to do the steps.