Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer constantly sounds like it's loading something

• Please log in to reply

samboo1

samboo1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
No, it's not stopped, I just meant it boots up just as it normally does, nothing has changed.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then you can check everything that was checked in the startups again.
Now can you tell what exactly is making the noise? Is it a fan or the hard drive?

samboo1

samboo1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
It's definitely not the fan, I can hear that when it makes a noise. It sounds like the HD.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is it like the hard drive spinning up and then spinning down?
Do you know what brand make and model the hard drive is?
How old is it if you know.

samboo1

samboo1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Yes sort of. It sounds exactly as you hear when a computer is loading, or what I used to associate with my laptop doing a virus scan. It isn't there 100% of the time, more like 85%. And the loading light of my laptop is constantly lit to accompany this.

I'm afraid I don't know the make or model. As for age, well I got the laptop about three years ago.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK on the bottom of the laptop should be a plate that has the make and model of the laptop.

samboo1

samboo1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Oh I know the make and model of laptop, I thought you meant heard drive.

It's Acer Extensa 5630EZ.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Western Digital hard drive from my search. The hardware is showing good and I see no programs that are running in the background that could be causing the HD to constantly run. The next suggestion may not be one that makes you happy but I have to look at everything and this means checking for a hidden infection that may be accessing your hard drive. The bad part is I cannot assist with this part of the diagnostics as it requires one of our trained Malware staff to continue on with your system. I am not saying you have a infection but that this needs to be checked to make sure. What I suggest you do is read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here