HELP! Ultradefragger and trojan.Gen.2 removal [Closed]
Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:21 AM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:24 AM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:30 AM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:37 AM
- Restart your computer with the Windows XP Setup disk in the CDROM drive.
- If you are prompted to press a key to start the computer from CDROM, do so quickly. Otherwise it may try to boot from the hard drive.
- After a few minutes, you'll see a prompt to press the R key to start the Recovery Console.
- When Recovery Console starts, it will prompt you to enter a number corresponding to the Windows XP installation that you need to repair. In most cases, you'll enter "1" (which will be the only choice). If you press ENTER without typing a number, Recovery Console will quit and restart your computer.
- Enter your Administrator password. If you don't enter the correct password, you cannot continue.
- At the Recovery Console command prompt, type:
- Confirm that you want to proceed
- At the next prompt, type the following bolded text, and press Enter:
To restart your computer.
Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:28 AM
Go here..download the following file: rc.iso....then run chkdsk /r from the rc.iso cd...
If you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files go here and get burncdcc ..a small FAST no frills iso burning program...
NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start by clicking on BurnCDCC.exe
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its rc.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start
On your unbootable computer:
make sure in the bios the cd drive is the first boot device....put the cd in the cd drive..boot your computer....
when you boot from rc.iso you will get a blue screen and it will say setup is loading files...
then it will say its starting windows...
you will get to a screen that says ...do you want to install windows or 2nd choice it to repair windows..
press r to repair...you will get to a ...C:\>.......this is where you type in chkdsk /r
type in chkdsk /r press enter
note the single space before the /
While chkdsk is running, you will see a black dos box... Chkdsk will display the specific stage it is checking as well as the percentage of completion of the stage. You cannot do anything else on your computer while chkdsk is running. When chkdsk is finished, it will automatically reboot your computer.
NOTE this can take a long time to complete..it may even appear to hang or get stuck at a certain % for a couple of hours...then complete...it may even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...let it run...there are 5 stages
DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER WHILE RUNNING CHKDSK or you can have severe problems...
remove the rc.iso cd and reboot...if it does not boot into windows
boot from the cd again...
then type fixmbr press enter...reboot
no joy ....boot from the cd again...
type in fixboot press enter...reboot
nojoy...boot from the cd again...
Type in bootcfg /scan and press enter
if it says total identified window installs: 1
Type in bootcfg /rebuild and press Enter...
It will identify your XP installation...type Y once you see this prompt.
You will be prompted to enter the load identifier...type in Microsoft XP Home Edition or Microsoft XP Professional depending on whichever version you have...press enter
You will be prompted to enter the load options...type in /fastdetect and press Enter
Type in exit and press Enter
remove the cd and Reboot
Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:59 PM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:08 PM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:17 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users