Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TFC issues

• Please log in to reply

Vahe

Vahe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone,
I just ran TFC on my computer and it started off fine as usual but then it got to a certain place and for about an hour nothing happened. I couldnt' even exit it so i shut down my computer and restarted it only to find all files have attached to the file name their file types
eg the jpeg file Vahe now is Vahe.jpg and every single file on my computer is tagged that way. I tried to run TFC again to let it run to finish this time but again for an hour nothing happened.
Any help on this? I want to go back to what the files were named before. (when i tried to rename the file without the .jpeg it gave me a weird error message)
Would appreciate some help.

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. :)

I enquired on your behalf with the developer of TFC and my personal thanks to OldTimer...

Now regarding the issue with TFC(Temp File Cleaner) you may have inadvertently clicked on the mouse and before(and or during) TFC had completed its run, the actual prompt to reboot your machine was most likely hidden by the actual TFC GUI(Graphical User Interface)...which if occurs again you would merely click on the aforementioned GUI and drag across until the reboot prompt is visible.

If you had done this, all your file extensions would have been automatically reset to default by TFC.

So what you need to do now is manually reset your file extensions yourself, how to do so can be read here.

Note: I would delete whatever version of TFC you currently have and download a fresh copy from http://www.geekstogo...r-by-oldtimer/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>here.

Next:

Now in the event you still encounter a problem running TFC and ensured you have followed the above advice...There may be a problem with your machines actual Hard-Drive, may be something like in-depth maintenance required for example. Either way my advice would be create a topic in this part of the forum:-

Hardware, Components and Peripherals

Or create a topic in part of the forum designated Operating Systems, in the sub-forum for your machines actual Operating System. You will in turn(due course) receive appropriate advice from one of the excellent Tech Staff we have here in Geeks to Go.