Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Updates won't install:Please Help

• Please log in to reply

koolkat1939

koolkat1939

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
:unsure: Hi I'm new here and I have a problem with Microsoft Update. I have Microsoft
Windows Xp Home Edition Ver 2002 Sp3.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My problem is when I go to Microsoft Update I get :

Install Updates

Download size (total): 0 KB *
Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
(*Downloaded; ready to install)

High-priority updates
Microsoft Windows XP

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2633880)
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2572073)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

Security Update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2518864)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system that is running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I click Install Updates and after a successful install I get the yellow shield asking
me to Install the same Updates again. I've tried several "Microsoft Fix its" with no
success on fixing the problem.

I would deeply appreciate any help. Thank You. :help:

Advertisements

TXVA John

TXVA John

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
For what it's worth, I am having the same problems as KoolKat1939. Should I start a new topic here, or follow this one?

dansaab

dansaab

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
I'm having the same problem

TXVA John

TXVA John

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Mine eventually worked fine after running FixIt and then reinstalling the updates.

koolkat1939

koolkat1939

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
:huh: OK I manually downloaded the updates and installed them and ran FixIt again an now Microsoft Updates works. :wacko: :blink: Must have been a problem on Microsoft part.

dansaab

dansaab

• Pip
  • 6 posts
After three installations --according to MS Updates Installed--the system quit asking me to install the updates.
Had to be a Microsoft glitch.