Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing processes

• Please log in to reply

winterheartz

winterheartz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Guys,

Thx in advanced to those ppl who's willing to give time helping.

I have issue with XP sp3, the system behaving rather erratically lately.
after like maybe 10 minutes after entering windows, processes like flash started to freeze up, and I cant end the process either. another thing that I cant start up applications such media players or any games. I can still open explorer, or any other windows related tools though.
browsers behaves erratically as well because flash becoming non-responsive.

in safe mode, everything are running fine, in safe mode with networking I dont have any problem I mentioned above. so logically I must've messed my windows pretty bad :P I have tried registry cleaner, but it doesn't help. I attached hijackthis log with this message, and hopefully someone can help me with this, and hopefully I get some solution just in case something like this happens to my friends.

Cheers

Edited by rshaffer61, 23 May 2012 - 06:27 AM.
Removed Malware Log...not used in this forum

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see some possible issues but I want to make sure first. I see TeaTimer which is notorious for slowing down systems.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.