Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My DVD Drive Isn't Working Correctly.

• Please log in to reply

dudesikoff

dudesikoff

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an Asus CG5270 desktop, running Windows Vista 64-bit.

I placed a CD in my computer today, and nothing happened! I had a feeling I knew what was going on and went to my device manager, and what do you know? My "ATAPI DVD A DH20A6S ATA DEVICE" is not working properly. My error read "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

This happened to me once before after using a registry fixer, and to fix it, I simply used to registry fixers restore option, and undid the changes that it made. Well since then I have gotten rid of that program, and haven't done anything I can think of that have made this happen.

When I place a CD in, I DO hear the drive spin up.

Any ideas oh how to fix my problem?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://support.micro..._problems/en-us should fix it.