Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem uninstalling avg

• Please log in to reply

mike12r

mike12r

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
hi,
I cant get avg to uninstall and I've tried all the ways that I know of :confused: . After it unsuccessfully updated today and temporarily shut off, It began giving error messages and now I want to get rid of it since I have a new antivirus program. I tried uninstalling from the start menu-program list, control panel and also with cccleaner and none works, it wont go away - it keeps showing up disabled in the tray and in task manager. I included a screen shot of some of the error messages that I got. Can anybody help me get it completely off - why could it be doing this? Thanks so much. :help:

Attached Thumbnails

• 146.JPG
  • 149.JPG
  • 145.JPG

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Have you used AVG Remover?

Please go here and pick one of the top two (depending on whether your system is 32-bit or 64-bit).

mike12r

mike12r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks for the link, I didn't know about that. I tried it and it looks like it worked :happy: Thanks very much.