Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uncompressing/converting a file

• Please log in to reply

aragorn911

aragorn911

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,
I have a file with the extension .EWB which stands for EasyWorshipBible. (This is not an electronic workbench circuit file.)

This is a bible for the software EasyWorship. This file contains 67 txt files that include all the books of the bible and a datas.txt file containing data about the bible version, language, name etc.

I have no idea to uncompress this ewb file. There are alot of people who do this. But they dont share how its done.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanx.

EWB file: http://www.mediafire...sn7m2b8pitsisls

Extracted File (How it looks like) : http://www.mediafire...228q2s28625fnt9

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
By using 2 different Tech support sites you can run the risk of having conflicting advice given and that can lead to a system being made unusable or unstable. You have the same topic open HERE at MajorGeeks.
If you would like help from the other site then please request from a Administrator or Moderator that this topic be closed. If you would like GTG to help then please ask for the other topic to be closed. Thank you.

FYI I did some extensive searching and it seems you will need the EWB software in order to read that file. Not a cheap program from what I see HERE at around $400.

aragorn911

aragorn911

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I didnt see anything wrong with posting in two sites for help. Besides, No1 has replied in both treads to atleast suggest anything.

And for the software, Obviously there's a free trial version.

Thank you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have never heard of the software and I can't say what limitations the free version will have. I can only report back with what I have found in my research on it. Apparently the software is capable of doing multimedia presentations in full version but I highly doubt that will be available in the free trial version. It should how ever be able to open the file if it is nothing more then text files. :thumbsup:

aragorn911

aragorn911

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you for the reply again.
My request is not regarding the software's usage. Its about the file that is compressed with the scriptures of the bible. I have attached two files of the compressed version and the uncompressed version.

And for the trial version, It has full features for 30 days. We've been using that for about 2 weeks before we purchased the licensed version.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK i'm confused because if you have extracted the files and they are indeed TXT files then any program like word or notepad should be able to read them.
I just downloaded the uncompressed file and when I click on one of the files it opens in notepad to what looks to be in Spanish. See attached picture of the open file.

aragorn911

aragorn911

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes it is spanish. This is NOT a file that I extracted. Some1 else did it.
Do you see the 67 txt files in the zip file? All those are INSIDE the .ewb file that I have attached. I want to find a way to extract them from the ewb file. Got it now?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes I understand but below I show you the steps I took.

[attachment=57974:Untitled.jpg] As you can see I downloaded the file you linked to in your first post as the uncompressed files as the second link.

[attachment=57975:Untitled2.jpg] You see here inside that compressed file is all 67 files you are referring to. If I click on any of them they open in notepad and I can read them as far as the text is there. I don't read Spanish so I can't tell you what it says.

aragorn911

aragorn911

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok assume that I Didnt upload the 2nd link.
Then can u see the 67 txt files inside the first file?

I too can open the files inside the UNCOMPRESSED link.
I want to see inside the COMPRESSED file.
by COMPRESSED, I dont mean the ZIP file that has 67 txt files. I mean the single EWB file.

The 67 files are just an example to show what the ewb file contains. Dont mind that. I want to extract the ewb file.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No the first file is nothing but a white sheet when I download it with no program associated with it to run. If you didn't add the second link then where did it come from?
If the two files are the exact same file I'm confused as to what the problem is because you have the 67 files in the second file. All you would have to do is extract them and you should be good to go. Like I said the onyl program I have found to run the first one is the actual EWB program. If it doesn't then there is something wrong with the first file.

Advertisements

aragorn911

aragorn911

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
the 2nd file is an EXAMPLE.
I got it from some1 who extracted the 1st file. anyway I dont think you understand how to do this..

There's nothing wrong with the 1st file. the extension is .ewb and that file is made out of the 67 txt files.

All im asking is for some1 to uncompress the ewb file and get the 67 txt files. forget the 2nd link. It was just an example.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK now I understand what you are saying. The problem is without the actual program I don't know any other way to uncompress the file. I am looking for another program that may be able to do it for you now.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK what you need to do is get EWB 2009 and you can add the compressed file to it. Then you can open it up using the Scriptures tab in the main program window. I just got it opened with no problem using the file in your first link.

aragorn911

aragorn911

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sigh... I dont need noob help regarding opening a file from a software.

I want to EDIT that [bleep] file to add my own version of the bible. Which the software doesn't allow.
GET IT?
I want to create MY OWN ewb file.
lets say Make a bible in CHINESE! or something like that..

Just 4get it. I was hoping to get GEEK help from some1 who knows about file compressions.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm sorry but your response is not acceptable. You have no reason to speak like that to me or any other member of this site. I have reported this to the admin and to allow them to continue or take further action. Topic closed.