Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Repeater Setup Question

• Please log in to reply

MikeCorruption

MikeCorruption

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hey,

I am trying to setup my TL-WA701ND by TP Link as a Repeater, but i seem to be having no look, i do all the steps and reboot the device when required too and i still cannot seem to connect to the repeater, so it is not expanding my wireless signal what so ever.

I try to ping the Repeater from my laptop and it fails to connect, this is very confusing as i have done the setup perfectly, ive tried putting it on as a Universal Repeater and a standard repeater, i know the device is not broken as i have been able to use it as an AP for quite some time, i have even updated the firmware on the device, any help?

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello Mike,

Is this related to your other topic regarding the security of the device?

Regards,
Olrik

MikeCorruption

MikeCorruption

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Silly me, i posted before i had even looked into how i had setup the repeater, very silly of me, it is all working now but thanks for your reply :)