Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ipod 36G Short Circuited?

• Please log in to reply

NicoleSFitness

NicoleSFitness

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an Apple Ipod 36G that i've had for quite sometime. It has never been dropped, and has been in its case since I bought it. The left earphone is dead and I have tried several new headphones and it is still not working. The right ear is fine.. Are there any options, other than bringing it to the apple store? And does anyone know roughly how much it will cost to fix? Thanks in advance!! :)

Edited by NicoleSFitness, 24 May 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Advertisements

Samantha Lee

Samantha Lee

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Do the new earphones work for a bit (both ears) then stop in the left after a while? Or just don't work from the beginning?

If they work for a while then one quits, it could just be an issue with the headphones (they can actually wear out pretty quickly).

I'll let the good geeky folk here answer you in case there's something you can do, but I'd also suggest calling Apple customer care to see if there's anything they can suggest.