Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Headphones/Sound

• Please log in to reply

michael_k

michael_k

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I usually use my PC to listen to my music through cordless headphones plugged into the speakers and all was fine with it until the other night, stuck some on as normal but it was a fair bit quieter than usual and not nearly loud enough (This was full volume as well). I tried the usuals, changed batteries, had a mess with the sound and speaker options but nothing improved it. Have bought a new set of headphones now as the ones I was using were 2 years old but the new ones sound no better. Could this be a soundcard problem or something else? I've tried the search for updated sound card drivers as suggested on another site but it just tells me I have the best one available.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction of how to get things back to normal. (I'm using Vista btw)

Thanks for reading...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: michael_k

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable others to better assist you.