Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD of this & that

• Please log in to reply

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
what temp should it run?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep that would be the one. I can see even with it turning there looks to be some buildup on the fan.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would like to see it a couple of degrees lower especially if you are not stressing it.

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
got it down to 59-61

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Much better. Was the fan on the video card bad?

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
dunno? Just blew a lot of air into it until I seen no more dust come out. Gonna monitor it and see how it acts. Its back together in the cabinet and stayed at that temp all night. If it holds up Im going to guess it was the temp of vid card causing all the BSOD that had to do with the vid card. Thanks for your help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes please let me know how it works and if there is anymore BSOD's please post the error code.

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Still happening.....got a couple this morning. 0x50 win32k.sys. while watching some videos. I quit watching them and it stopped. So far this evening I got a 0x24. Noticed the temp creeping back up to 65. Restarted out of cabinet and got it lowered back to 59-61 range then got a 0xFC while watching a video on ESPN.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
050 error message indicates the below.
0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Of all the possibilities I am guessing it is video memory causing this.

If the second one you referenced is 024 then this is what it says.

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

I don't believe this is the issue but just in case try doing the below and let me know if it finds anything.

Tutorial for running chkdsk in Vista\Win 7 located HERE.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 27 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Advertisements

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
yea still having problems for the most part. Just haven't had much time to mess with it. It runs fine under normal use but when games or videos are played it shuts off.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
With that info I am willing to bet it is either your video or your power supply causing all this.

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I have had to replace the power supply before. I been thinking it the video card. May need to try a different browser. Firefox seems to be putting the memory under a heavy load.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried Google Chrome yet?

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Did a search on why it BSOD during every video I watch and it said to disable hardware acceleration for adobe flash player. Did that and havent changed anything else, So far so good.......