Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

setting up email in outlook express

• Please log in to reply

mariaj

mariaj

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hello everyone. im having a problem accessing my emails in outlook express. ive tried to set up another email account but the same is happening. ive rung my service provider to no avail. it just keeps coming up with error. then a message saying Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk (2)', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CUnable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk The host 'po.tiscali.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'po.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'po.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

any ideas welcome many many thanks maria

Advertisements

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Good morning, mariaj :thumbsup:

There are two errors here. The first is that your server can not do password authentication security. Therefore, we have to disable this option in Outlook Express. The second is that you typed the wrong server "pop3" the provedor.Vamos fix it too.

Open Outlook, click Tools, Accounts. Right-click on your account and click Properties. In the servers tab, correct the pop3 server, replacing the po.tiscali.co.uk by pop.tiscali.co.uk.

More below, uncheck the "log on using Secure Password Authentication". Click apply and then ok.

See if error continues to receive your emails.

I'm waiting. hugs :popcorn:

mariaj

mariaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
hi there. many thanks for your reply. ive done what you have suggested and this is what its saying. also ive unchecked the password box

The host 'po.tiscali.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'po.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'po.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk (1)', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk (2)', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
You have many accounts configured on outlook express? The errors continue as if the password authentication enabled safe and had left the pop3 server as before.

Do the following: go to tools, accounts, and take a print screen, save and send me. If you do not know how, press the "print screen" or "prt scr" key on your keyboard next to F12. Open Paint, paste, save, and attach to your post (use the full editor to enable the option to attach).

Then click properties, the first account, Servers tab, and get a new screen print.

mariaj

mariaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
thanku for replying. i cannot get a print out so i will write down what it says

Active Directory directory services Local Area Network
Big foot internet directory services Local Area Network
pop.tiscali.co.uk mail (default) Any Available
verisigh internet directory services Local Area Network
Who Where Internat directory services Local Area Network

incoming mail server is pop3
incoming mail pop.tiscali.co.uk
outgoing mail smpt.tiscali.co.uk
account namee maria banner
password ......................
remember password is ticked but no other boxes are ticked.

hope this can help you many thanks maria

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
E-mail tab, just have this? And it is configured this way you told me?
Very strange. What was the problem with the print screen?
E-mail tab, delete the accounts that appear (unless you use another, then another provider), and reconfigure your account with the information I said.

mariaj

mariaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
ive done that now it comes up with this error report. i pressed the ps button but nothing happens

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR no domain specified or invalid domain specified', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Make sure your password is correctly entered.
If so, change the configuration of tiscali for TalkTalk.

In this case, POP3 is mail.talktalk.net
and smtp is smtp.talktalk.net

From what I've been researching this for the transition from tiscali TalkTalk generated major problems setting up e-mail. Make sure your email works on the site too.

Still not working, I suggest doing a test using Microsoft Outlook or WIndows Live Mail

mariaj

mariaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
hi i have tried that and this is the error message

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

i have reset my password. i can use my email address to access my web mail at talktalk though.
im sorry but i dont know how to do a test?

many many thanks maria

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
In this case, I think the best thing to do is contact support from TalkTalk / tiscali. Everything indicates that the problem is not in your operating system, such as in outlook express. They can tell you right where the configuration to be followed.

Suport: http://help.talktalk...4?utype=tiscali
Hugs :)