Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Still mouse, sliding pointer

• Please log in to reply

Paytertot

Paytertot

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys. Recently I've had quite a bit of trouble with wired mice.
As soon as I plug in my razor or my cyborg, the pointer will start sliding across the screen. This usually slows to a stop while I'm not touching it, but then starts right back up again whenever I move my mouse and continues for an indeterminate amount of time. As I've said before, this is happening to both of my wired mice. However, if I plug in a little wireless logitec mouse, then I never see a hint of the problem. Is there any reason why I can't use wired mice? I know its not a problem with the mouse itself, as they work fine on other computers.

I've cleaned both mice as well as possible and tried to blow any debris off the laser, but still no go. The cyborg mouse is actually completely new and its having this problem. I suppose I should mention that both mice are optical mice.

I also know it isn't a virus. I'm running a completely clean install of windows. The only things I even have on here right now are the standard updates to the OS, steam, chrome, and drivers.

If it helps, I have the ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard. Let me know if there's any more info I can give.
Anyone know why I can't use wired mice?

Advertisements

Paytertot

Paytertot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wow... Nevermind guys. Solved this one.
I had my arms on my desk and noticed a very faint vibration. It turns out, this tiny desk fan I had on my desk was making enough vibrations to make my mouse wiggle around on my screen.
Moved the fan and the problem stopped...

In other words, be very careful of highly sensitive mice.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
:welcome: Paytertot

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting the solution :thumbsup: