Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ghost generating errors because of date change

• Please log in to reply

Plastic Welshman

Plastic Welshman

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I'm in the process of removing some nasty malware, which disabled my Kaspersky antivirus.(Now working)
Prevented any of my web browsers from going to any anti-malware websites and microsoft(still work in progress).
It has also given me problems with ghost 9 telling me that it cannot reconcile changes since last session.
The event log for ghost has the errors logged with the date of 25 May 2019. What do I need to do to get Ghost working again?
Kind Regards
Richard Mosley
OS XP 32bit

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You really should have our malware techs help get rid of the infection. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Plastic Welshman

Plastic Welshman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

You really should have our malware techs help get rid of the infection. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Thank you.
Yes, you are right, I do need to get rid of the malware before I deal with the fallout!!
Richy

Edited by Plastic Welshman, 27 May 2012 - 02:20 PM.