Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Building New Gaming pc

• Please log in to reply

SnazzyClown

SnazzyClown

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i am building a gaming computer for the first time, i am on a relatively low budget parts i have choose are listed below any problems you see with the components or any other comments will be greatly appreciated also i am looking for a better graphics card under 200$ suggestions? games such as cod 4 bf3 diablo and gta are some higher spec games that i wish to play

operating system MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphic

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

MOBO: MSI P67A-G43 (B3) - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket

Graphics Card: XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB

Hard Drive: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB - 300 MBps - 7200 rpm

Optical Drive:
Asus - 90-D40FJV-UBN10- Internal DVD-Writer

PSU: Broadway Com Corp OKIA-BLACK-600 600W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

Advertisements

kung lao

kung lao

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
The tech guys here are gonna wanna kno how much you are looking to spend and where ur located.

Regarding the GPU: I don't much about ATI cards but if you are buying nvidia, a 560ti is probably the best you can get for under $200.

http://www.tigerdire...8471&CatId=3669

And according to these benches a 560 ti should manage those games on high settings and at 1080p. Even better performance if you OC. It also seems to trump the 5750.

http://www.anandtech...duct/330?vs=296