Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH - NO CURSOR

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Budget is a G, but I wont need a HDD, Graphics Card or OS since I have those items already. I'm using Win7 x64 since I'll have 8GB of RAM but the potential to go up to 32GB with the motherboard I have selected. (I have Win8 consumer preview and I'm testing it out currently)

OK is the OS you have installed on another system right now? I also have been playing with WIn8 and it actually has been the only OS I am using at this time. My XP and Win7 partitions I have not used since the Win8 preview was released. I like it for the most part.

Your choices for the system are good though I am not a fan of the PSU you want. I'm a Corsair PSU person myself. :thumbsup:
The system in a whole though should do great for you are wanting to use it for.

Advertisements

blackscreenofdeath

blackscreenofdeath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Budget is a G, but I wont need a HDD, Graphics Card or OS since I have those items already. I'm using Win7 x64 since I'll have 8GB of RAM but the potential to go up to 32GB with the motherboard I have selected. (I have Win8 consumer preview and I'm testing it out currently)

OK is the OS you have installed on another system right now? I also have been playing with WIn8 and it actually has been the only OS I am using at this time. My XP and Win7 partitions I have not used since the Win8 preview was released. I like it for the most part.

Your choices for the system are good though I am not a fan of the PSU you want. I'm a Corsair PSU person myself. :thumbsup:
The system in a whole though should do great for you are wanting to use it for.

Hmm i'll take a look at that PSU - appreciate the feedback.

Well Win7 isn't running on anything right now...cept for my laptop now. Realllly, only using windows 8 huh. Is it possible to bring back the Start Search like windows 7? I'm sure I just need to get used to the flow if the OS...just always been a big fan of hitting the windows key and typing to find things super quickly

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Well Win7 isn't running on anything right now...cept for my laptop now. Really, only using windows 8 huh. Is it possible to bring back the Start Search like windows 7?

If the Win7 is installed on another system it cannot legally be installed on another system at the same time.
In Win8 by Start Search are you talking about the Start button at the bottom left? If so yes there is a way to get it on there. In fact I have it on my Win8 and it is really easy to do.

blackscreenofdeath

blackscreenofdeath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
That's great, I look forward to using it more. Thanks for all of your help here on the forums - I think I might stick around for a while...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you need some guidance on how to assemble the system correctly take a look at this guide HERE created by some of our very own Tech Staff.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and we will be happy to help if we can. :thumbsup:

blackscreenofdeath

blackscreenofdeath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Great resource!! Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and I just wanted to say it has been my pleasure and honor to assist you. Thank you for being so patient with the steps we took. Please let me know how everything turns out with this system in the end if you do decide to replace the motherboard. I would really like to know what the final resolution is and if our diagnosis of a faulty motherboard was correct.