Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Required in Burning Dual Layer DVD's

• Please log in to reply

spicejar

spicejar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi ,

I recently bought a 50-pack dual layer blank DVD+R of FujiFilm Make....

But iam always getting error when trying to burn those discs ... in any format be it a data disc or a video disc...

The burning stops abruptly as soon as the burning on the second layer starts.... and the burning gets aborted .. ending in a wasted disc ... I've tried burning it using Nero 9 , Roxio easy Dvd maker (That came pre-installed with my laptop) and IMGBurn ...and all applications fail to burn it...

I have some set of personal videos that i need to burn (all in AVI format) , but iam unable to burn them....

I tried burning other data files ,but that also failed .....

Someone please provide me some help in burning a DUAL Layer DVD's ..In some other forum i heard that Only Verbatim dual Layer Disc result in successful burn and rest other makes almost fail miserably ..is that true..

Suggest me some good softwares for dual layer burning...

Thanks..

Advertisements

spicejar

spicejar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi !!

Could someone Help me out on this thing ??

Thx.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What is the make and model of your burner please.

spicejar

spicejar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi Min is a HP Pavilion d6600 series laptop...and the burner drive came along with it ....

I have Nero 9 , IMGBurn installed but unable to burn a dual layer disc using both as they both fail as soon as they start burning in the second layer...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I'm finding conflicting information on which drive is installed so I need you to do the following.

Right click on My Computer and then go to []Properties[/b].
Now there should be a tab in the new window at the top named Hardware
Click on that and then click on Device Manager
Scroll down to the cdrom or optical drive entry and click on the little plus sign to the left to expand that entry.
Please post the model number of the dvd drive it shows.

spicejar

spicejar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi !!

Sorry for the delayed reply ...

here's the make of my DVDROM drive :
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L ATA DEVICE

thx..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Seems to be a common issue with this model. Try the instructions below and let me know if it helps.

use ImgBurn to check for a burner firmware update by right-clicking your burner drive under Destination box, and then choose Check for firmware updates...