Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What do you guys think of Computer Store Staff?

• Please log in to reply

piki112

piki112

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm just wondering about your experiences, have you had good experiences with asking questions to Computer store staff (I.e. the guys at Tiger Direct or Canada Computers). Generally I find most staff to be pleasant and welcoming when looking for parts, I have had run ins with staff whose replies are generally condescending (the horror when asking a simple question). What about you guys? Especially those you haven't had that much experience with computer hardware, what do you think?

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
When it comes to hardware issues, they're the guys to go to mainly.

But a lot of them tend to be clueless when it comes to certain software troubleshooting issues and extremely difficult malware removal procedures, so a format is often the route they go without attempting any other more convenient solutions beforehand. This is where free services and help from forums like GeeksToGo come in handy.

invisigoth

invisigoth

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
i was once in a shop and there was an older guy who was after a bog standard router and he was getting the hard sell to buy a really expensive one its just coz he caught my eye in the shop and i told him that for what he wanted a cheaper one would do him no harm i hate to see people taking advantage