I put my answers between your lines:
do you mean then it rebooted on its own
- yes, automaticly after 1 minute
to boot means to get to your desktop
- yes - and it gives me my logon screen again. Just where I came from....
tell us everything you tried to fix the problem and what the results were...
- I can't set the computer i safe-mode. If I take the power,I have the option to start in safe-mode - and alle the DLL's are being loaded (it seem to be all of them). And after a pause - I have the same logon-screen again. BUT, the is NO 'SAFE-MODE' signs in the corners (as it should be)
- all I can do is typing a password - but still no reaktion on either Enter og Click's
did you add any new hardware or software recently...
- no hardware. I tryed to run Windows Update. And I got 2 or 3 of the last updates in - but not the last 2 (now I can't see the numbers of them
) - becource the computer is down.
- my computer is always loaded with the last win-updates - if you ask of that....
get any updates for windows or any software just prior to the problem...
- see just abowe
what is the make and model of your computer...
- I have a ACER Aspire M5201
what are your system specs...
- ?. I can't see them right now = system down. But about 4G memory, several harddisks
did it ever work correctly...if so...try system restore...try several different restore points
- yes. I use it every night and sometime with connetion to my compagny (I work with computers- security)
- as I wrote at the beginning, I tryed to fix the problem with a system restore - and now I have problems.
And I can't do anything - exept typing my password
What I tryed also:
Under a boot, I pressed:
- F12 - All options seem be to wright
- F10 - I have the option to change input to WINLOAD.EXE it was ready to send option: /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN. I didn't change anything but tryed with Enter. No change in the result.
- F6 - check memory. I gave it the hardest option, and it had been runniing now for ca 1 hour = no errors so fare
as you see: i'm stuct