Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer doesn't boot up at all

• Please log in to reply

Mhackett12492

Mhackett12492

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an old Dell. I was about 10 and I was paranoid that I was getting viruses so I downloaded a "free antivirus" which turned out to be a virus :angry: . So I've gotten a different computer and a laptop so I've moved on. Its just that the computer is sitting there and I like to play old computer games so it would be perfect for me. The only thing is the virus totally destroyed it. When you turn it on it loads up, then while in the.. I have no clue what the correct term for this is.. black screen where you can do commands like "start computer normally" and set up blah blah blah. What I want to be able to do is click F12 but when I do the computer just beeps at me :o . I really couldn't care less about anything on that computer I just want to get it up and running so it isn't a complete waist of space. It has windows xp. I don't have the disk to reinstall windows. :(

Any ideas?
Is it possible I could burn a disk to be able to reinstall it properly, Is there a setting that I can press to delete everything on this computer?
I'd rather just like to reset it.

Advertisements