Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Motherboard decision

• Please log in to reply

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hello there, it is build time again.

I think I want the new Ivy Bridge i5 3750K, but what to put it in? I was debating whether or not the MSI Z77 GD65 would be worth the money but for £30 less you lose a pci-e slot (Which I wont really be using) on the GD55...

What do you guys recommend for a Z77 motherboard? (Does not have to be MSI of course)

My budget is about £450-500 as I already have a case, a GPU to use, hard drives etc.
I am buying a mobo, cpu, RAM, PSU and possibly a disc drive as all of mine are PATA! Gone are those times...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,011 posts
Hi Klaus5000

A list of parts for you @ http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/9k9w

Do you have a full retail Windows 7 disk?
I have included the OS disk so if you have one already that is not installed on another PC it will reduce the cost of my list to under £400.