Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chrome - Insecure Algorithm / Fake Security error

• Please log in to reply

brook011

brook011

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Must have happened discretely recently. All of my important websites seem like they're redirecting through somewhere else, and often get looped into an advertisement redirect. I've done some research, did a scan with malwarebytes. It found trojan.dropper.bcminer. Now with some research, I attempted to run a combofix - I renamed the file and placed it on the desktop but either combofix will not run, or it extracts into a strange location that just ends up being a mirror of My Computer - with my C: E: and etc. Pic attached, it is the 32788*** Computer folder at the bottom, which just redirects me back to My Computer. Now I did try this in safe mode, and it completely fails out at that point. I also checked Hijackthis for anything out of the ordinary and didn't see anything. I can post logs of anything you guys need, any tips or help would be appreciated, as this kind of snuck up on me today. Also I know I don't have antivirus, I haven't had something stealth install on me like this since back on Windows XP.

Advertisements