Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Randomly dropped from Wireless comes back with restart of laptop

• Please log in to reply

Fowkeman32

Fowkeman32

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please Help,
For the past week I will get on my laptop Dell Inspiron 1440 and start playing WOW and I will randomly get disconnected from the Internet and when I try to reconnect it doesnt show any of the wireless networks including my home one, but when I restart my computer the wireless connection is back. I did Trouble shoot and it says something might be wrong with one or more of my hardware. So I went into my Dell WLAN Card Utility and ran the hardware diagnosis and it says: Control Registers- Pass / SPROM format validation- Pass / Memory- Pass / Interrupt- Failed / DMA and Loopback- Failed. I have no idea what that means and what do I need to do. PLEASE HELP I'm tiered of getting cut off in the middle of questing for WOW

Thank You for your Time,
Jamie

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
:welcome: Fowkeman32
Possible causes include bad drivers and a bad network card.
Check the Device Manager for any yellow ! or red Xs, if you need driver updates http://www.dell.com/.../us/en/04/Index there is also a diagnostic utility there.
If it is not a driver issue try removing and then reinserting the WLAN card, see http://www.insidemyl...on-1440-laptop/ do not pull off the 2 gold connections just pull the card out and then push it back in securely.
Let us know how it goes.