Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excite.com / Cerificate expired

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sapata

sapata

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi...

Sorry if this is the wrong place,

Just happens that I have a message telling me that excite.com have an expired certificate and that I shouldn't processed with the log in on my email account. I've tried 3 different browsers and they're all warning me not to proceed.

Wonder if there's any excite.com (not .co.uk or .au etc..) having similar problem. Apparently the certificate expired today at 12.03

Thanks!

Advertisements

Noviciate

Noviciate

Confused Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,567 posts
Good evening. :)

Courtesy of Microsoft -

A website’s security certificate is out of date

This error occurs when the current date is either before or after the time period during which the certificate is valid. Websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current. Outdated certificates can be a security risk. After a certificate expires, the Certification Authority that issued the certificate is no longer responsible for ensuring that the certificate is not misused.

Will you check the date and time on your system as if this is wrong it can produce this error. If things are OK your end it may be that the site simply needs to renew it's security certificate and all will be well again.

sapata

sapata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi...

The date and time in my computer is fine...I guess there was a problem with excite which it's been sorted out.

Many thanks for your response!

Noviciate

Noviciate

Confused Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,567 posts
As this issue appears to have been resolved, this thread is now closed.