Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

BeaSk8r117

BeaSk8r117

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well, I've been using Google Chrome, and then I just get a random stop, once or twice a week.
Dump is included: Attached File  060212-16504-01.zip   25KB   318 downloads

Edited by BeaSk8r117, 02 June 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi BeaSk8r117 ... :wave: ..:welcome:
by stop I assume you mean crash so...

download and install WhoCrashed from http://www.softpedia...oCrashed.shtml' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>here..
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

click on it...then run...then next...put a tick in accept...then next..put a tick in the don't create a start menu folder..then next...put a tick in create a desktop icon..then install.. then make sure there is a tick in launch whocrashed...then finish...then click Analyze ...

if you get a message
This software requires the right version of Windows Debugging Tools for your type of computer. Because this is not normally installed and is not redistributable, we suggest you select the download option from below. Then the right package will be downloaded to a temporary folder and the required files will be extracted from the package automatically. You only need to do this once
click on download then try running it again
WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply..

WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

BeaSk8r117

BeaSk8r117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
OK, and I've also been getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors (all the same), so here's the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ones and the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL one:

Also, would it be a problem if the computer is custom built?

On Sat 6/2/2012 8:12:42 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060212-15366-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA800617C820, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 6/2/2012 8:12:42 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA800617C820, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 6/2/2012 3:25:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060212-14742-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA800617C7F0, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System

On Sat 6/2/2012 1:53:27 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060212-16504-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x81D9C)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF800016CDDA0, 0x2, 0x8, 0xFFFFF880016CDD9C)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Edited by BeaSk8r117, 03 June 2012 - 06:35 AM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Download BLUESCREENVIEW and install and run it to read the dump files created by windows.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Would you please tell me which antivirus applications you have had previously on this machine any and all.The reason I ask is because some like to hang around after you uninstall via add remove programs and require the use of removal tools.

What kind of computer do you have exactly??Example Compaq presario c700

Download CCLEANER

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.

Hit the start button in lower left hand corner. Then in the run box type msconfig, then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Please post back to us in a vertical list.

Please download MINITOOLBOX When the box opens click save file, save it to the desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

Flush Dns
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

Run sfc /scannow also run chkdsk /r Links explaining below.

chkdsk /r

sfc /scannow

IF THIS IS A DESKTOP Unplug the tower open up the side.Get can of compressed air and blow out the machine and reseat the ram modules video card etc,see video Plug it back in and see how it goes.WHILE YOU HAVE THE RAM AND VIDEO CARD OUT BLOW OUT THE SLOTS THAT THEY PLUG INTO.ALSO BLOW OUT THE HEAT SINK.SEE VIDEO

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND POST ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED!! :)

I want to make one thing very clear DO NOT use the registry cleaner function of ccleaner!!

BeaSk8r117

BeaSk8r117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a custom built PC by iBUYPOWER.

Let me go do the sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r

I have avast! free, never downloaded anything else.

Attached Files

Edited by BeaSk8r117, 03 June 2012 - 07:56 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
in the future please copy and paste the text in your reply instead of attaching them...
that way I don't have to download it and later delete it...it could also pose a security risk to others that download it...

after running chkdsk /r...
type msconfig in the search box...select it in the results above...startup tab...post a screenshot of whats there...
how to...
when you have the screen up that you want to capture...click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload...
then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would...

BeaSk8r117

BeaSk8r117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
startup.JPG
These are all my startup files. I have too many, so I couldn't do what you said, I had to do something else...

Edited by BeaSk8r117, 03 June 2012 - 09:58 AM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Open Ccleaner and hit the tools button then hit the startup button then select disable for all entries except the one listed below.

Yes IE Toolbar avast! WebRep C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll

Lets change your dns setting to a faster more secure connection.
http://www.computerh...es/ch001161.htm
Change your dns to the below.

Preferred DNs 208.67.222.222

Alternate dns 208.67.220.220

Please Disable/uncheck Ipv6

Hit start
Control Panel
NetWork & Sharing Center
Manage Network Connections
Right Click Your Connection
Select Properties
Un-Check Ipv6 (Screen Shot Provided below)
Select ok
Continue Below

mm.JPG

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session.
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Then please do the following.Open Elevated Command Prompt Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

At Command Prompt, type in the following hitting enter after each command:

netsh int ip reset reset.log

netsh winsock reset catalog

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

Restart computer.

Uninstall the programs listed below.

Babylon toolbar on IE
BabylonObjectInstaller (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.21.99)

Update your ethernet driver with driver max
http://www.innovativ....com/drivermax/

I am providing a screen shot to make sure that you uncheck the highlighted boxes when installing drivermax.You should always look and read everything when installing software on your machine because sometimes things like this slip by and we wonder "How did that get on there" I dont remember installing that"

drivermax warning.JPG

BeaSk8r117

BeaSk8r117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
All I had to do was update the driver and I haven't gotten a bluescreen yet.
Whelp. That works!

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok so long as you are satisfied but the other steps that I provided are a "tune-up" If you wish to follow these instructions they will surely speed your computer up. :)

BeaSk8r117

BeaSk8r117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Oh, well I have a VERY fast computer, it being custom built.
I know my computer specs, in fact, I know Java, and I built a (crappy) Windows XP computer, but recently, I haven't had the time to build one, so I chose the parts and bought it online.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
K happy browsing come back if you have anymore issues. :)

blackcampaign

blackcampaign

• Pip
  • 7 posts

K happy browsing come back if you have anymore issues. :)

Can you help me ?
I have the same problem, my CPU load 100% when using wi-fi connection is there any relation?
DUMP
Thank you.