Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BGF Geforce 6600 OC GT from [bleep]

• Please log in to reply

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
System:
Processor: Athlon 3500+
MotherBoard: A8N-SLI Deluxe
PSU: Anatec 500W (the one that came out this week)
Display: 1x BFG Geforce 6600 OC GT on a PCI16x slot
HardDrive: Western Digital Raptor 36gb ed.
-All Hardware has up to date drivers
-All connection in computer have been checked
-Power supply is sufficient for the system
-No virus's or fragmented files
-Overloaded on fans (optimal temperature)
-No overclocking or 3rd party software

======Problem=======
There are 2 alternating problems and one static problem. The alternating problems are that my directdraw goes hay wire and the left upper corner of the rectangular matrices shoots off screen. Sometimes this does not happen, and when it does not happend then my screen turns into a snowfield of random colored and shaped pixels, only in 32 bit mode. The main problems though is that direct3d will not work, it is very distorted on all of the tests. When these problems all come together i cannot play video games and i just got on summer break. so please help me someone. :tazz: SOMEONE MUST HAVE ANSWERS PLEASE ILL SEND YOU MONEY IN THE MAIL LOL.

PS: The system was working fine then all of a sudden in the middle of a game of 32 bit version FarCry the system went down and I have had trouble ever since.

Edited by scrushmaster, 04 June 2005 - 12:08 AM.

Advertisements

Pa1n

Pa1n

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have same card and same chip no problems here... what drivers are you using? If its not the drivers then its most likely the card that is bad. Both my card and cpu are oc' running stable and working like a charm :tazz:

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Yeah i have came to the conclusion the card is bad or their is a virus of sometype but most likely the card is bad!

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
card is bad, or you overclocked the card way to far at some time. I know you put no overclocking or 3rd part software. Did you ever oc it ever?

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
never tried to OC ever!! I think im gonna try manual config of the acpi of the card because maybe, just maybe being on irq 18 is giving it too little resources.