Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with making my old Linksys wireless router a extender

• Please log in to reply

waterorjuice320

waterorjuice320

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there guys ive been trying to make my wireless router a extender my room is in the basement i get good internet down here but i was hoping that with my old router i could use it as a ethernet hub so i can use one of my rigs to do diskless network booting seeing as you cant do that over wireless any ideas??? or other ideas basically i have desktop downstairs router and wireless router upstairs and i want to use my desktop to bridge the internet to a hub so from that hub i can use wired net?

Thanks in advance,

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

You don't specify the model of your router. If it's the ubiquitous WRT54 have you considered an alternate firmware like DD-WRT or Tomato? Both have wireless bridge support.