Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSP won't uninstall

• Please log in to reply

jlajla24

jlajla24

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok.....so I uninstalled Paintshop Pro 8 about 6 months ago. Started using Photoshop 7 instead. Recently i've had an applications which requires me to use PSP so I downloaded the trial from JASC's website. I go to install and I get the message "another version is currently installed, please go to add/remove programs and remove it before continuing installation" or something to that effect. I go to add/remove and its not there.

I've deleted it out of my program files, every instance I can find in the registry yet I still get this message when trying to install the new version.

What do I do?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to microsoft and download the msi cleanup utility. once installed just launch, browse for psp. highlight and click remove. you should be able to install psp after that.

jlajla24

jlajla24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I tried MSI Cleanup and the program is not listed. Any other suggestions?